We are excited to announce that our WordPress to BigCommerce content management App is in closed-beta phase. This means that shortly the app will be available for use on the BigCommerce App store.
Earlier this year our client Bird B Gone came to us with a quandary. They were satisfied the BigCommerce setup would be a faster, more reliable way to manage the e-commerce component of the business, but held concerns regarding the management of their content. The company preferred the WordPress CMS, as it met the needs of their extensive content production schedule; their staff were familiar with processes based around WordPress and enjoyed working with it. As a result, there was a gap in their system.
We’ve worked with headless setups where BigCommerce plays the role of the backend commerce platform and WordPress plays the role of the frontend. In this case, content management is seamlessly integrated with the shopping experience. But what if the scenario is the other way around, like the case with Bird B Gone? What if you want a Stencil theme as your frontend, running on BigCommerce with WordPress as your CMS?
Matter conducted a technical review of this problem and created a solution: the WordPress to BigCommerce content management app (WP>BC).
How the App works
WP>BC lets users manage their page and post content in WordPress and publish into BigCommerce pages and posts content structures. Content, permalink structures and Yoast SEO content are all transferred seamlessly into the BigCommerce platform which serves this content to the user.
On our roadmap is the ability to extend the integration to manage content blocks using BigCommerce widgets.
Benefits of the App
- Use advanced visual composer tools in WordPress to create unique campaign landing pages, and publish to BigCommerce as Raw HTML pages with or without header and footer
- Ability to manage SEO components such as meta title and meta description using the WordPress interface or a plugin such as Yoast SEO
- Schedule when pages and posts get published in WordPress to control when they publish live on your BigCommerce site
- Benefit from all the great functionality provided by WordPress such as multi-level user permissions, and give your team a familiar administration system to work from
- Auto Sync — Sync WordPress post and pages upon publish/updates automatically
- Global Permalink — Option to define the default permalink/URL post/pages as default settings that are set in the app setting page
- Permalink Control per post/page — Manage the permalink/URL of each post/page
- Bulk Sync — Sync all posts and pages from the app settings
- Individual Post/Page Sync — Sync each post and page from the est screen
- Detect Sync Issues — When sync issues are encountered – E.g. a page/post has been deleted in BigCommerce – the app will detect and provide options to fix those issues
- Sync Status Log — Shows a detailed log upon bulk sync about the sync status
- Custom Post type Sync — Sync custom posts using simple/easy hooks (custom coding required)
- Post type Sync — Hooks for developers to allow custom post type to be included in a bulk sync (custom coding required)
What users are saying
Bird B Gone is one of the first customers to adopt the App and results have been outstanding:
“[Matter’s] custom application allows us to sync our existing WordPress blog to Big Commerce’s blog functionality. They handled the entire blog transition, sync and integration… Everything about the process was professional, timely and seamless.”– David Smith, Bird B Gone
Trial the App
If you or your organisation feel that this App will provide solutions for your content management, register your interest on the closed-beta phase using the form below.